Monday, November 13, 2006

Post Baby Weight Loss!



Now you have had your baby, its a shame we can't give birth to the extra pounds gained whilst pregnant! Its a delicate balance and the key is to shed those extra pounds slower, then they are more likely to stay away!

Talking from experience, after my son, I was distraught that the extra weight didn't just fall off, I thought a couple of months, then it got to 4 months and thats when I decided to do something about it - infact if it weren't for someone saying I still had my baby tummy (not a nice thing to say to a sensitive new mum though is it), it possibly could have been longer.

I decided to go down the route of eating a healthy balanced diet, this included 3 large meals per day, which almost a year on is still my eating regime! This has to include at least 5 portions of fruit and veg per day, lots of water, make a chart with 8 glasses, tick them as you go! Record everything you eat, and really try and avoid crisps, biscuits and chocolate. Dont' get me wrong I love my chocolate and still do, but its a balance and having self control.

Another key to shedding the weight is to try to avoid alcohol, thats the killer, especially beer, lager or any alcho-pops! I love my wine so limited myself to a small (125ml) glass each evening with my dinner, that was like my pudding too! Not the best advice but we are all different and to wind down after a day with your new born or toddler, a chilled glass of white usually does the trick!

An average day:

Breakfast: Bowl of ceral, skimmed milk, piece of fruit or small glass of fruit juice

Mid-morning snack: piece of fruit or handful of nuts/raisins

Lunch: Jacket potato with 2 tbsp of low fat cream cheese or houmous, heaps of roasted vegetables and loads of salad, try balsamic vinegar as its a great dressings and no fat at all.

Afternoon snack: low fat chocolate bar or biscuit (Tip: weight watchers ones are great!)

Dinner: Salmon steak with tbsp of sweet chilli sauce, plus some extra chilli's on top, if you like it HOT (don't forget chilli's are known to speed up your motabolism) then a few new pot's and heaps of veg, lots of variety!

And WATER WATER WATER, its the key! Don't give up, it won't be long till your a yummy mummy with a flat tummy again! He he - I must admit I didn't go down the exercise route, only cause I never had time, but as my son has grown he sure keeps me fit, as he never stops and neither do I!

And why not spoil your new arrival with a precious gift for their nursery at www.illustratemyname.com

Good Luck :o)

No comments: